April 2016 Board report
Apache Aries delivers a set of pluggable Java components enabling an
enterprise OSGi application programming model.
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time
- New module: Aries Remote Service Admin seeded from Apache CXF DOSGi for providing an implementation of the OSGi Remote Service Admin specification with pluggable transports. http://aries.apache.org/modules/rsa.html
- New module: Aries Transaction Control Service. An implementation of the in development RFC221 at the OSGi Alliance.
- 8 releases since the last report in January
- Mailing list discussion and project contributions continue to be healthy.
- Currently 37 PMC members.
- No new PMC members added in the last 3 months
- Last PMC addition was Christian Schneider on Fri Apr 10 2015
Committer base changes:
- Currently 49 committers.
- No new committers added in the last 3 months
- Last committer addition was Sam Bratton at Mon Dec 21 2015
- Aries JPA container (jpa-container) 1.0.4 2016-03-08
- Apache Aries Proxy Service (proxy-impl) 1.0.5 2016-03-25
- Apache Aries JMX Core (jmx-core) 1.1.6 2016-03-25
- Aries Blueprint Core (blueprint-core) 1.6.0 2016-03-25
- Aries Blueprint Spring Support (blueprint-spring) 0.2.0 2016-03-25
- Aries Blueprint Spring Extender Support (blueprint-spring-extender) 0.2.0 2016-03-25
- Aries Blueprint no-OSGI (blueprint-noosgi) 1.1.2 2016-03-25
- Aries Blueprint CM (blueprint-cm) 1.0.8 2016-03-25
Mailing list activity:
- 131 subscribers (down -4 in the last 3 months):
- 488 emails sent to list (527 in previous quarter)
- 236 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months):
- 37 emails sent to list (37 in previous quarter)
- 44 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 50 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months